In today’s highly competitive online marketplace, it’s essential to ensure that your customers have a positive experience when they shop at your BigCommerce store. The customer experience (CX) is the sum of all customer interactions with your brand, from browsing your products to purchasing and beyond. Therefore, prioritizing customer experience is important because it can differentiate between a one-time customer and a loyal brand advocate. Here are some reasons why customer experience matters more than you think in your BigCommerce store.
Customers with a positive experience with your BigCommerce store are likelier to return and make additional purchases. According to a study by PwC, 73% of customers consider customer experience a major factor in purchasing decisions. Additionally, research by Bain & Company found that customers who have a positive experience are 80% more likely to make a repeat purchase. By providing an excellent customer experience, you can increase customer retention rates and drive more revenue for your store.
On the other hand, negative customer experiences can have a significant impact on your bottom line. According to the same PwC study, 32% of customers would stop doing business with a brand after just one bad experience. Negative reviews and word-of-mouth can damage your brand’s reputation, losing potential customers. By prioritizing customer experience, you can avoid these negative outcomes and retain customers long-term.
Standing out from competitors in a crowded online marketplace can be challenging. However, by providing an exceptional customer experience, you can differentiate your brand and build customer loyalty. According to a study by Forrester Research, customer experience is the most critical factor in creating customer loyalty. Going above and beyond for your customers can create a lasting impression and set you apart from competitors.
Positive customer experiences can lead to positive reviews and word-of-mouth recommendations, which can be incredibly valuable for your BigCommerce store. According to a study by BrightLocal, 87% of consumers read online reviews before making a purchase, and 72% say that positive reviews make them trust a business more. By prioritizing customer experience, you can create happy customers who are likelier to leave positive reviews and recommend your store to others.
Ultimately, customer experience is all about creating happy customers. Customers who have a positive experience in your BigCommerce store are more likely to be satisfied with their purchase and become loyal customers.
So, what can you do to prioritize customer experience in your BigCommerce store? Here are a few tips:
One of the most important aspects of customer experience is your website’s user-friendliness. Customers will likely leave and shop elsewhere if your website is difficult to navigate or loads long. To ensure that your website is user-friendly, you should:
- Optimize your website for speed: Use a fast hosting service and optimize your images and code to improve your website’s loading time.
- Make your website easy to navigate: Use clear and concise categories and subcategories and ensure your search bar is easy to find and use.
- Ensure your website is mobile-responsive: With more people shopping on their phones, it’s important to have a website that looks and works well on mobile devices. Getting professional help can go a long way in getting your digital store workable across different devices. For this, you can hire BigCommerce developers from trusted agencies like CodeClouds. Their expert web developers and designers have years of experience and technical proficiency to deliver fully functional, scalable websites up and running across different devices.
Another important aspect of customer experience is customer support. If a customer has a problem or a question, they should be able to get in touch with you easily and get a prompt and helpful response. To provide excellent customer support, you should:
- Offer multiple support channels: Provide email, phone, and chat support options to cater to customers’ preferences.
- Respond quickly: Respond to customer inquiries within 24 hours or less.
- Train your customer support team: Make sure your customer support team is knowledgeable and helpful and can provide accurate information and assistance to customers.
Checkout is one of the most important parts of the customer experience. If the checkout process is simple and takes less time, customers will likely abandon their cart and shop elsewhere. To offer a hassle-free checkout process, you should:
- Minimize the number of steps: Keep the checkout process as short and simple as possible, and avoid asking for unnecessary information.
- Multiple payment options: Provide different payment options, such as credit cards, PayPal, and Apple Pay, to cater to customers’ preferences.
- Provide clear instructions: Clearly explain each step of the checkout process, and provide instructions for any errors or issues that may arise.
One of the best ways to improve customer experience is to listen to your customers. Collect feedback from your customers and use it to improve your store. You can collect feedback in various ways, such as:
- Surveys: Send surveys to your customers after they purchase or visit your website.
- Reviews: Encourage customers to leave reviews on your website or third-party review sites.
- Social media: Monitor channels for customer feedback and respond promptly to complaints or issues.
Once you’ve collected feedback, use it to improve your store. For example, if customers consistently complain about slow shipping times, you could look into ways to speed up your shipping process.
Personalization is becoming increasingly important in eCommerce. Customers want to feel like they’re being treated as individuals, not just numbers. To personalize the customer experience, you can:
- Use customer data to offer personalized product recommendations: Use data such as previous purchases and browsing history to offer personalized product recommendations.
- Send personalized emails: Use the customer’s name and other relevant information to personalize your email communications.
- Offer customized promotions: Use customer data to offer promotions and discounts tailored to their interests and buying habits.
Customer experience matters more than you think in your BigCommerce store. By prioritizing CX, you can improve customer satisfaction, drive repeat business, and differentiate your brand from competitors. Don’t overlook the importance of creating a positive customer experience – it could make all the difference in your business.